SUBMIT A SONG
Before you submit your song here are a few things to check:
- Look again at the lyrics, is the theology good? If you are not sure, check with one of your local elders.
- Listen again to the tune. Is it interesting, but simple enough for a congregation to get the hang of?
- Look again at the chords, make sure they are original but not too technical.
- For more tips on song-writing please read Write A Song.
For ease of administration we ask everyone who submits a song to read through and sign the deed of assignment (at the end of the Submission Form). This deed ensures you will be recognised as the composer of the song whilst giving Four12 the freedom to use, record and distribute it. Of course, as the composer you will still be able to use the song yourself, but the administration and copyright of the song will become Four12’s responsibility. (More details about the deed of assignment is available here; we encourage you to refer there if you have any questions).
On the submission form we ask that you tell us a bit about your song.
- Where has it been used?
- Has it worked well in your local context?
- We also ask some questions about yourself and how you are involved in worship in your local church.
Finally, before submitting your songs, please read the Filename Protocols.